Grundfos is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of pumps and pumping systems with a worldwide network of sales, service and manufacturing. We contribute to global sustainability by pioneering water technologies that improve quality of life for people and care for the planet.
Grundfos supplies a full line of equipment and solutions designed specifically for all stages of the water cycle, covering intake, treatment and distribution of drinking water and the following collection, transportation and treatment of wastewater.
Grundfos sales operate in three different market segments: Building Services, Industry and Water Utility. Grundfos products are mainly distributed through local distribution channels, although sometimes they are sold directly to the end-user. Our company prides itself on its ’social responsibility’ and open working environment. We consider our employees as one of the most important elements for achieving success.
If you wish to work in a company with 21st century solutions, where we are people focused and, where Collaboration, Accountability and Customer Centricity are our most valued behaviors, then do not miss this unique opportunity to join us! We are looking for highly-motivated, result oriented individuals for the following position- to be part of our growing team:
Water Utility Sales Engineers for Lombardy
Reporting to the WU Sales Manager, as Water Utility Sales Engineer you will actively promote and sell Grundfos products, services and solutions, focusing on the key players in the Water and Wastewater Markets within Lombardy region. (Municipalities, Installers, Civil Works Companies, Water Treatment Plants, Engineering Companies…)
As Water Utility Sales Engineer, your main responsibilities will be to:
- Achieve sales targets by implementing agreed design strategies (game plans, marketing plans, pricing structure, and trading terms)
- Identify and qualify opportunities in the market
- Search and define new expandable customers, exploiting and evaluating the weight of all business opportunities
- Use the up-selling and value selling techniques
- Maintain and develop a strong rapport with current clients/project stakeholders through personal visits, telephone calls and correspondence
- Manage and develop direct account basis by possibly increasing business revenue where applicable
- Special follow up on projects and spending the necessary time on project sites, building strong relationships with projects’ stakeholders
- Negotiate during the sales process and agree univocally with customers in all respects of details to reach a final PO or contract
- Ensure that the clients have received what has been agreed and per expectations, by following either directly or through other departments
- Continuous Feedback on sales activities (customers) to the Sales management highlighting issues that need to be monitored and requiring corrective action, to maintain a total quality service standard
- Ensure sustainable business by networking and engaging with relevant stake holders for projects pipeline (design; feasibility; tender stages)
- Use available business tools - CRM system and business analytics (SAP)- to monitor sales figures for country, customers, and products.
- Assist with the preparation of sales based budget/plan ensuring maximum profitability and productivity; influence business decisions by providing key input such as product pricing, market situation, and potential revenue threats etc. to the Management
- Maintain relevant logs, CRM, Opportunity Pipeline and develop follow up procedure to determine project status
- Support other Grundfos companies involved in international projects where applicable
- Follow up on outstanding payments as required
- You possess a Master’s or a Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Mechanical Engineering or another technical or engineering degree relevant to the water sector.
- You have a proven track record of min. 5 years of experience in sales of systems/solutions with high added value to the municipal market (preferably the Water / Wastewater market)
- You have an advanced application knowledge within relevant water and wastewater processes/applications
- A solid technical understanding of pumps, construction, hydraulics and controls/PLC/SCADA systems will be considered an asset
- You are computer literate (E.g. Microsoft Office, SAP knowledge, CRM…)
- Ability to read civil/system drawings as well as electric machines principles is a strong point.
- Have a proven ability to build strong relationships on multiple levels of larger municipal organizations (Plant operator, Technical Director, Purchasing Manager etc.).
- You are a passionate, customer focused, result oriented team player, with strong presentation and influencing skills.
- You are actively engaged in the local water/waste water community.
- Significant travel/presence in the market is required
- Development opportunities in an international environment
- People- and value-focused organization culture
- Training opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits package